Sunday, May 4, 2008

Just the guys

Mason, Grandpa and I ran in the Allen Springfest 5k this weekend. It's been a while since I've done a 5k and pushed Mason. He and I usually run a couple of times a week and stop off at a park and let him play on one of the playgrounds. Saturday morning turned out to be a bit chilly, but Mason didn't care. We got to run past Lyn's work where there's a construction site next door. He was more excited to see the men digging than all the other people running. It was a tight race, but Mason won. Hey, he crossed the line first. He excitedly came home to tell Lyn "I beat daddy and Grandpa!" Grandpa did well, finishing 3rd in his age group. We came in around 6th in my age group. I think they should have a stroller division. We started in the back with the rest of the dads and moms pushing their kiddos and I'm pretty sure we smoked them :) Can't wait until he's old enough to run with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment