Friday, August 21, 2009

what's going on here?

Not much really, that's why there haven't been many posts lately. Here's a rundown though:

Mason - just turned 4. We didn't have much of a party but we did take him to Chuck E. Cheese and then had some cake at home. He is such an easy kid to please these days. He started speech therapy this week for problems with articulation. He starts Mother's Day Out Sept. 1st and he is actually excited about going back to school. (It's just two days a week)

Reese - this little girl is something else alright. She has somewhat of a temper at times, but then will turn right around and love all over me. She is definitely a mama's girl! We are still in the process of trying to figure out what's going on with her. She hasn't gained much weight lately, in fact, she lost a little less than a pound in the last 6 weeks when obviously she should be getting bigger. We will most likely do more bloodwork next week to check her iron levels again to see if maybe that endoscopy to check for celiac disease is warranted. For now though, she is happy and healthy looking, just small. 

Gary - has been busy with continuing education. He has about 1 year left of a 5 year long certification and fellowship program that will make him highly specialized in orthopedic manual therapy. I forget all the letters that will go behind him name, but if you ask him, that's not the important part of it anyway (the letters that is). He just wants to be able to treat his patients to the best of his ability. Gary has also been involved in a lot of fellowship at church and is about to embark on a leadership project at church too. He's a busy guy, but spends every extra minute he can playing with the kiddos and making us happy. 

Me - I am 5 weeks into my training to walk the half-marathon sometime in October. I really enjoy the long walks by myself, but sometimes would love to have a walking partner. I have a 6 mile walk ahead of me this weekend.  Gary and I did manage to get away this past weekend and head down to Austin without the kiddos. We stayed at Barton Creek and it was soooo nice! Of course, that internal alarm clock went off at 7:30 so we didn't even get to sleep in. Our main objective was to eat some really good, off the beaten path, authentic Austin food, and we were successful. We ate some delicious burgers at Hut's Burgers on 6th street with a friend of mine, Jamie and her husband, that I have known for 27 years (sorry Jamie if that makes you feel old). Then we ate some good bbq at The County Line and then some awesome tacos at Torchy's Tacos.

Other than that, there's really not that much going on here. We have a couple of exciting weekends planned ahead with cousin Austin coming to visit and then the kiddos and I are going to make the trip to my parents soon. We need our southeast Texas fix soon.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment