Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Not-Birthday Party

In honor of Reese turning one last week, we had a small gathering to celebrate her birthday, but it wasn't a party. For several reasons, we chose not to do the big first birthday party celebration like we did for Mason. Instead, it was just close family, a small cake for her and just a couple of gifts for Reese to open (Mason took care of that). 

For the first time, we were able to capture 4 generations on my mom's side. From left to right, my mom, my grandmother (Guda), myself, and of course my kiddos. My mom has a picture at home that has 5 generations of women on my mom's side that includes my sister and I when we were about 1, my mom, my grandmother, my great-grandmother, and my great-great grandmother.  It's a really neat picture to look back at and see now knowing how it felt getting 4 generations together. 


I do believe Reese had the cutest cake ever. I just called a local cafe where we always eat on Friday afternoon asking if she could make a cow cake for Reese. She couldn't but gave me the name of a new bakery across the street. So I called her, Michelle Ramirez at Hands on Design, and just asked if she could make me a cow cake for a little girl for her first birthday. That was all I asked for and she did the rest. It was so cute! 




Apparently, she prefers to eat her cake with a fork. That's where the damage was done.

At least she did poke around with her finger some, but she was more interested in just playing with the cow and saying "moo".
This was the messiest she got after the cake. I so wanted one of those pictures where the baby was covered from head to toe in icing, but neither one of my kids got the memo.

This was the after shot. See, not much damage done. In fact, we ended up eating the half she didn't touch since we didn't want it to go to waste. It tasted as good as it looked too.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute birthday cake. How did you choose a cow for the cake theme?

    ReplyDelete