Sunday, November 30, 2008

Whirly ball

Gary has been trying to convince me that whirly ball would be fun for about a year now. Tonight we went and played with other couples from our church small group...and that is the most fun I have had in a very, very long time. Let's just say it brought back memories from high school basketball, which I loved.

For those that don't know what whirly ball is, it's a cross between lacrosse and bumper cars. The hardest part was learning to drive the bumper cars. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow and have a few more bruises to identify. We joked that in 7 years of marriage, this was the first time Gary has seen me do any kind of physical competition. I have watched him run a race, play softball, and basketball, but he hasn't seen me do anything.

I'm sure I will be having dreams about whirly ball for many nights to come...in high school I used to dream about basketball games all the time to the point where I would sit up in bed in the middle of the night to catch a pass. I loved playing basketball.

The funniest thing was one of our small group members was quite the trash talker during the game...he's one of the pastors at our church. It was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment