Monday, October 20, 2008

Hangin' Tough

I waited 20 years for this and it was well worth the wait...NKOTB. That's right. New Kids on the Block reunited just for me to come to Dallas so that I could see what I missed when I was in junior high. You may snicker in disbelief, but it was so much fun! We even made our own shirts to pay homage to our favorite New Kid with the help some iron-on transfers. We each picked our favorite from back in the day and his name was front and center on our shirts. Let me just say that Christy had some spelling issues in making the shirts, as she misspelled Joey and Donnie (not with a Y). Joey she corrected, but Donnie she never realized it was misspelled. It sure was funny when it was pointed out while eating dinner before the concert. There was no hiding it then.

It was absolutely crazy! I have never heard so many screaming 30 year old women before in my life. They sold out American Airlines Center and it was loud. There was only one incident involving undergarments being thrown on the stage. I have to say that my arm is sore from waving it back and forth so much and my throat hurts from yelling and screaming at the top of my lungs. It was definitely worth the money and the wait.

And for those who were wondering...yes, they sang "The Right Stuff, Hangin' Tough, and Step By Step" and performed pretty much the same exact dance moves from 20 years ago. There were even a few ladies dancing in the aisles doing the same. I promise I was not one of them (but I probably could have).

Laugh if you must, but we had so much fun and talked about it all the way home. Thanks Crystal, Heather, and Christy for joining me in a trip down memory lane to junior high. By the way, we only tight rolled our jeans for a photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment