Sunday, October 12, 2008

Man card suspension

Gary would probably rather me not tell you what all we did this weekend, but I'm going to spill the beans anyway. We joke about the fact that Gary's "man card" has been temporarily suspended because I made him go to the So You Think You Can Dance show Friday night at Nokia theater. He will tell you that I made him go, but he watched just about every show with me this summer so he is a fan too. Apparently, there were a lot of women who brought their husbands or boyfriends because there were a lot more men there than I would have ever imagined. But...you should have seen the line for the womens' restroom at the intermission. CRAZY!

Gary did earn his 'man card' back on Saturday after watching college football all day long.

On Sunday, we decided to take a spur of the moment trip to the Fort Worth Zoo. Mason was so excited when we told him where we were going. This only happens about once or twice a year so it was a big deal that we didn't even plan for it. Each time we go to the zoo, we always take a minor detour and stop in Hurst for the best Mexican fast food ever...Rosas's Cafe. They are a staple when you live in west Texas, and that is one of the very few things we miss about west Texas. Usually, we buy extra and take it home and freeze it, but this time we had lunch first and then went to the zoo. So we have to wait probably another 6 months or so until more beef fajitas with queso. Yum!

I followed in the footsteps of a friend and made the decision not to take the camera to the zoo. I have to say it was quite liberating. Not feeling like I had to have the perfect picture at every exhibit. Plus, Reese wanted to be carried the majority of the way. So it worked out well for everyone involved.

We even took the kids to the park later when we got home. I joke with Gary saying we would have won a parenting award on Sunday since we had so much fun and it was all about the kids that day. It's so easy to get caught up with work, cleaning, cooking, and living that sometimes the kids don't get the attention they need at all times. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment