Saturday, September 20, 2008

By all means...

Normally, I would get a little annoyed by someone pulling this on me, but I have turned over a new leaf.

I took Reese to the pediatrician yesterday and had an usually long wait in the waiting room, along with several other moms and dads waiting to be seen. We started talking and found out the lady I was talking to was to be seen right after us. We made a lot of small talk, which included the fact that no matter what time of day I brought Reese to the pediatrician, it always fell during nap and feeding time. So even suggested I ask the front office staff if I could borrow a room to nurse her in. How thoughtful! So we get called back and she "jokingly" says don't take too long talking 'cause we're right behind you and I have to pick up my daughter from school.

So we go back, see the nurse, I feed her, and then wait for our turn to see the doctor. I'm told we're next by the nurse as he leaves. Yeah! Then I hear the NP coming towards our room in the hall, and then I hear the nurse stop her and say "I know you're not going to like this, but this lady (from waiting room) has asked if you could see her next instead of your next in line (me), she is in a hurry and just needs to have her son checked for an ear infection, that's all." So I automatically think, by all means, if you think you are in that much of a hurry, go ahead.

So our NP, who we absolutely love, comes in and apologizes immediately and then tells me what just happened, not knowing that I had already heard it through the thin walls. Turns out, she wasn't going to comply with the lady's request at first, but then figured she could spend more time with me if she did. The lady also asked to go ahead and have her son's flu shot administered if she had time. Then told the NP that she had plenty of time because she called someone else to pick her daughter up from school while in the waiting room.

Worked out great for us. I just thought it was awfully ironic considering the lady knew exactly who was in front of her and what we were there for and that we too were not having a fun time waiting. But, by all means, if there is someone who feels that they are in that big of a hurry, it is no skin off my back. Like I said earlier, normally this would infuriate me, but not so much anymore.

Do not argue or complain. (Phil. 2:12)

Sidenote:
A friend called and left a message on my cell while we were in the waiting room. I then texted her and this is how our text messaging went:

Me: At pedi, will call u when done. Thanks!
Her: Lucky you! Must be nice.
Me: Nope, pediatrician, not pedicure. LOL
Her: Oh, HaHa! Forgot abbreviations change after you have kids.
Me: You're so right!

She is 22 years old with no kids. We had a good laugh.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the "pedi" story! I got a little behind in reading...but Mason's foot...my goodness! Hope you are all well. Would LOVE a playdate this week:)

    ReplyDelete