Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random funny business

Two posts in one night...only because Reese went to bed at 6:45 and Mason 7:30. That's 2 nights in a row.

We have decided not to force an afternoon nap for Mason anymore. Yesterday he chose not to take one so I put him down at 7:30. We immediately heard him playing up in his room and about 30 minutes later Gary went up to put him back to bed. Instead, he found Mason asleep on the floor up against his door, and from the red marks on his forehead and chest from his arm pillows, he had been that way a while already. He never made a sound. This is the kid that at 3 years old had never slept anywhere other than a bed, a crib, a carseat, or on someone. He had never, ever fallen asleep playing, on the floor, on the couch, while eating...nothing. So we were shocked!

We are always trying to teach Mason to be polite, respectful and courteous to everyone, including the dogs. So sometimes we use the dogs as examples for him. Last night we were getting him ready for bed and Jack jumped on the bed with Gary and laid down. Miles then jumped on the bed and Jack snapped at him. Gary firmly told Jack "No, that was ugly Jack!". To make a point about being polite, I said "Jack, you need to tell Miles you're sorry." Mason looked at me and said "Mommy, Jack can't talk...he's a dog." Gary and I did our best to contain our laughter.

I picked him up from MDO yesterday and told him it was raining outside. To which he responded very loudly "Oh my got!". Apparently I say "Oh my gosh" alot.

Today we were driving down the road and I was trying to hype up going to the library before we got there. He interrupted me and in a very cute voice said "Mommy, calm down".

No comments:

Post a Comment