Monday, September 15, 2008

"I want to show you something"

So it might have been a mistake to give Mason a cupcake before bedtime last night. Let's see if I can make this story short...


I put Reese down at 6:30 and Mason at 7:30. He stayed up until 8:30 when I went up there to find that he had been very busy reading his books as evidenced by his stack of books in and around his recliner.



So I told him to go back to bed and he did. Then around 2am, over his monitor, we heard the unmistakable sound of him pushing the buttons in his Tonka construction book. So Gary went up and put him back to bed. Repeat the previous scene again at 3am. Then at 3:30 we heard it once again. So instead of Gary going upstairs, I suggested he just put Mason's monitor on my side of the bed and I would turn it down so that I would only hear him call out for us. Instead, around 4:30 we hear him knock on our bedroom door and open it. (Mind you, he has a child doorknob protector on the inside of his door so he can't get out.) He immediately says in his excited boyish voice " I want to show you something...Baby Reese." So I look over on her video monitor to see that she is wide awake on her hands and knees.


Apparently, when he escaped from his room he decided to check on his little sister. Which most likely woke her up, and then he had to come tell us about it. So at 4:30 in the morning, both kids were wide awake and happy. Neither one made a peep over the monitors. It took me 20 minutes of rocking her to get her to sleep and Mason went back to sleep by himself. I personally thought it was hilarious, but Gary didn't think so during the wee hours of the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment