Sunday, September 28, 2008

Road trip

We survived! Mason, Reese and I headed to see my parents this weekend, all without Gary. It is normally a 5-5.5 hour drive without kids. I left Thursday afternoon with a front seat full of toys and movies and a little potty in the back (which came in handy twice, for Mason that is). It took us 7 hours to get there with 3 stops. A nursing baby and a recently potty trained kiddo made for an interesting trip. No fussing, whining, complaining or crying on Mason's part.

We came back this morning in a whopping 5 hours and 20 minutes. Gary asked if I drove the speed limit, and of course I did. It helped that I got up at 4:15 and loaded up the kids in the pj's and hit the road. They slept for the first 2 hours which made the trip go by faster. Somehow we didn't even stop the rest of the way. Reese slept off and on and Mason just watched his new favorite movie..."the donkey movie", you know, Shrek.

I will have pictures and stories to post tomorrow. I missed out on a nap this afternoon and am catching up on my Thursday night shows on DVR.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made it there and back! Not bad on the timing either:) How was your parent's place? I'm glad you got to go "home" for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are okay and that everything worked out. Can't wait to catch up this weekend! See you then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I wrote about the wrong blog...glad you made the trip back home safely..lol!!!

    ReplyDelete